Charter Types, Rates and Times, and What to Bring
Catchin' Up is available to take charters 7 days a week. We book half day (4 hour, AM or PM), three quarter day (6 hour. AM or PM) and full day (8 hour) fishing charter trips and 2 or 4 hour sightseeing/pleasure excursions. For sightseeing and pleasure cruises we will take parties of up to 6.
To safeguard our commitment to quality over quantity we limit our fishing trips to a maximum of 4 persons. To explore some of the different species of fish we catch, visit Our Catch page.
No fishing licenses are required of guests on our charter boat. Bait, tackle and bottled water is provided as well. We strictly adhere to current state and federal fishing regulations in regards to both limits and size.
During sightseeing trips our Captain, who grew up on the York River, provides you a leisurely paced narrated cruise; bringing your attention to points of cultural, natural, historic and economic significance along the way. Our sightseeing trips usually provide an opportunity for dolphin watching.
Please visit our Contact page for directions and to let us know how we can best serve you by email or voice.
Total cost for your group:
½ Day (4 Hour)
7am-11am or 12:30pm-4:30pm
¾ Day (6 Hour)
6am - 12pm or 12pm-6pm
Full Day (8 Hour)
2 Hour Sightseeing Cruise:
4 Hour Pleasure Cruise:
*** We accept cash, check, and major credit cards for payment. A credit card number is required to reserve your trip. Your card will not be processed prior to your charter. If you need to reschedule or cancel your trip, 48 hours notice is required. Less than 48 hours notice requires that we process your card for full payment. ***
*** We offer active duty personnel and veterans from all branches of the U.S. military a 10 percent discount in appreciation of their service. ***
*** On charters departing from locations other than Yorktown and Gloucester, there may be a fuel surcharge in addition to standard charter fee. If so, the surcharge will be agreed upon when trip is booked. ***
We offer various discount packages that bundle your charter with lodging, dining, and other outdoor recreation! Learn more by clicking here!
What to bring (Click here for a printer friendly copy of checklist)
Number 1: The desire to relax and have fun! We also suggest:
- non-marking soft soled shoes
- what food and beverage you will want while underway. Please remember the value of water as opposed to some other beverages in keeping you well hydrated and comfortable, especially on the warmer days. ;-)
- cooler for your catch (please leave in your vehicle until our return)
- gratuity (if you feel it to be warranted)
- Our contract for dockage at Riverwalk Landing in historic Yorktown, VA strictly prohibits the cleaning and/or disposal of fish anywhere in the vicinity. Please be aware you will need to transport any catch you keep to an appropriate location for this purpose.
- We respectfully request you avoid using "bronzing" or "sunless" tanning agents as well as "spray" sun block prior to or after boarding. They make very difficult to remove stains on Catchin' Up's pristine white interior surfaces.
- We want all of our guests to have a great time on the water. However, to insure your safety, any party deemed to be incapacitated by drugs or alcohol will be returned to their departure point, terminating the charter without refund. This judgment is at the sole discretion of the Captain.